Friday, December 23, 2005

What is About the Saab 9-3 Arc That Makes it Fit Me So Perfectly?


That's the question I've been asking myself for several days now. The 9-3 Arc has been here by accident, literally, as the week was scheduled to include a Chevrolet Impala SS. The switch was made when the Impala was involved in an accident while being driven by another automotive journalist.

Anyway, the black 9-3 seems to fit me rather well. Every so often in the auto review business, you run into a car or truck that just works for you immediately. It's the right size, the control layout falls readily to hand, the steering talks to you and the powertrain delivers the muscle when needed. Driving is a genuine pleasure, rather than a chore.

I'll have to work the Saab into my review schedule now. The Swedish company is having some hard times these days and the 9-3 isn't the most sophisticated, best handling or highest powered sport sedan on the market. But it fits me just fine. More later.