Wednesday, August 09, 2006

What's Up With Carnival of Cars?

Some folks have emailed wondering if I fell off the face of the earth, had my probation revoked or just simply decided to skip town. The truth is much more prosaic. A family member needed help last week, so Claudia and I were out of town Thursday through late Monday.

Now I'm trying to dig my way out of 300+ emails and a newspaper editorial section that must be fed, so Carnival of Cars has had to take a temporary back seat. A long-scheduled and much needed motorcycle weekend starts this Friday, so it will be next week before I get the Carnival going again.

In the meantime, keep the submissions coming, your efforts will not be for naught. And thanks for the expressions of concern and promises of prayers. All are most appreciated.

Oh and one more thing - the "probation revoked" remark was a joke. No, really, it was! :-)